- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Terry Tempest Williams -- "When Women Were Birds"
06/13/2012 7:30 pm
Terry Tempest Williams will speak about and sign her new book, When Women Were Birds, on Wednesday, June 13th at 7:30pm.
About the book:
Terry Tempest Williams’s mother told her: “I am leaving you all my journals, but you must promise me you won’t look at them until after I’m gone.” Readers of Williams’s memoir, Refuge, well remember that mother, who developed cancer as a result of nuclear testing. It was a shock to Williams to discover that her mother had kept journals. But not as much of a shock as what she found when she read them. In 54 chapters, Williams creates a lyrical meditation of the mystery of her mother's journals. When Women Were Birds is a kaleidoscope that keeps turning around the question “What does it mean to have a voice?”
Vouchers to attend are $5 and get you $5 off the author’s featured book or a purchase on the day of the event. Vouchers can be purchased in advance and over the phone.
- 1107 Pearl St
- Boulder ,
- Postal Code:
- United States
- Linda Kohanov -- "The Power of the Herd"(4 days)
- Suspense Quadrupled: Four Writers of Mystery(5 days)
- Tovar Cerulli -- "The Mindful Carnivore"(6 days)
- Hilary Hart -- "Body of Wisdom"(12 days)
- Marc Bekoff -- "Ignoring Nature No More: The Case for Compassionate Conservation" & "Jasper's Story"(13 days)