- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Stephen Graham Jones -- "Growing Up Dead in Texas"
09/12/2012 7:30 pm
Stephen Graham Jones will speak about and sign his new book, Growing Up Dead in Texas, on Wednesday, September 12th at 7:30pm.
About the book:
It was a fire that could be seen for miles, a fire that split the community, a fire that turned families on each other, a fire that it's still hard to get a straight answer about. A quarter of a century ago, someone held a match to Greenwood, Texas's cotton. Local author Stephen Graham Jones was twelve that year. What he remembers best, what's stuck with him all this time, is that nobody ever came forward to claim that destruction. And nobody was ever caught. Jones’ new novel, Growing up Dead in Texas, is a narrative lens onto the past, to see where things started. And where they keep starting again and again.
Vouchers to attend are $5 and get you $5 off the author’s featured book or a purchase on the day of the event. Vouchers can be purchased in advance, over the phone, or at the door.
- 1107 Pearl St
- Boulder ,
- Postal Code:
- United States
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Orphan Master's Son"(10 hours)
- Julie DuBose -- "Effortless Beauty"(1 day)
- How Do Books Get Published? A Seminar with Literary Agent Sara Megibow(2 days)
- Linda Kohanov -- "The Power of the Herd"(7 days)
- Suspense Quadrupled: Four Writers of Mystery(8 days)