- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Michael Stone -- "Awake in the World"
08/12/2012 5:00 pm
Michael Stone will speak about Yoga and Buddhism in everyday life, and he will sign copies of his book Awake in the World, on Sunday, August 12th at *5:00pm*.
About the Book:
In Awake in the World, author, teacher, and psychotherapist Michael Stone presents the essential insights of mindfulness and yoga, emphasizing the teachings of simplicity and the interdependence of all life. Stone explains that the practices of yoga and meditation are not about escaping reality but about living fully in the here and now, opening to our experience, and gaining access to stillness within the flow of life. The essence of yoga and Buddhist practice is opening the heart—our own and the heart of the world.
Vouchers are $5 and are good for $5 off the featured book or a purchase on the day of the event. Can be purchased in advance, over the phone, or at the door.
- 1107 Pearl St
- Boulder ,
- Postal Code:
- United States
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Orphan Master's Son"(9 hours)
- Julie DuBose -- "Effortless Beauty"(1 day)
- How Do Books Get Published? A Seminar with Literary Agent Sara Megibow(2 days)
- Linda Kohanov -- "The Power of the Herd"(7 days)
- Suspense Quadrupled: Four Writers of Mystery(8 days)