- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Joy Harjo -- "Crazy Brave: A Memoir"
07/25/2012 7:30 pm
Joy Harjo will speak about and sign her new book, Crazy Brave: A Memoir, on Wednesday, July 25th at 7:30pm.
About the book:
In this transcendent memoir, Joy Harjo, one of our leading Native American voices, details her journey to becoming a poet. Born in Oklahoma, the end place of the Trail of Tears, Harjo grew up learning to dodge an abusive stepfather by finding shelter in her imagination, a deep spiritual life, and connection with the natural world. Narrating the complexities of betrayal and love, Crazy Brave is a memoir about family and the breaking apart necessary in finding a voice. Harjo 's tale of a hardscrabble youth, young adulthood, and transformation into an award-winning poet and musician is haunting, unique, and visionary.
Vouchers to attend are $5 and get you $5 off the author’s featured book or a purchase on the day of the event. Vouchers can be purchased in advance, over the phone, or at the door.
- 1107 Pearl St
- Boulder ,
- Postal Code:
- United States
- Linda Kohanov -- "The Power of the Herd"(4 days)
- Suspense Quadrupled: Four Writers of Mystery(5 days)
- Tovar Cerulli -- "The Mindful Carnivore"(6 days)
- Hilary Hart -- "Body of Wisdom"(12 days)
- Marc Bekoff -- "Ignoring Nature No More: The Case for Compassionate Conservation" & "Jasper's Story"(13 days)