- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Bone Palace Ballet
This is a collection of 175 previously unpublished works by Bukowski. It contains yarns about his childhood in the Depression and his early literary passions, his apprentice days as a hard-drinking, starving poetic aspirant, and his later years when he looks back at fate with defiance.
About the Author
Charles Bukowski is one of America's best-known contemporary writers of poetry and prose, and, many would claim, its most influential and imitated poet. He was born in Andernach, Germany, and raised in Los Angeles, where he lived for fifty years. He published his first story in 1944, when he was twenty-four, and began writing poetry at the age of thirty-five. He died in San Pedro, California, on March 9, 1994, at the age of seventy-three, shortly after completing his last novel, Pulp.
- Travel Writing: A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(1 day)
- Nathaniel Vinton -- "The Fall Line"(1 day)
- Heather Sappenfield -- "The View from Who I Was"(5 days)
- Alexandra Fuller -- "Leaving Before the Rains Come"(8 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Blowout"(11 days)