- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works
Figuring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own is hard! Here is help from someone who's been there. Like many girls, Daphne Oz struggled with her weight as a teenager and couldn't stick with the extreme restrictions of fad diets. She was able to seize control over her health and her weight only when she recognized the golden opportunity offered by the transition to college life.
With the help of her father and grandfather, both cardiac surgeons, and her grandmother, a nutritional adviser, she figured out a whole new approach to managing her weight. How well did it work? You be the judge: In her first semester of college, she not only skipped the proverbial Freshman 15she lost 10 pounds and became healthier than she had ever been. Now the secrets of her success are available to you. The Dorm Room Diet will keep you looking good, feeling great, and staying fit! Daphne's 8-step program shows you how to:
- stop eating out of emotional need
- navigate the most common danger zones at school for unhealthy eating
- get the exercise you need, even in your small dorm room
- choose vitamins and supplements wisely
- relax and rejuvenate amid the stress of college life
The Dorm Room Diet will empower you to use your new found independence to create a healthy lifestyle while you're in collegeand for the rest of your life.
About the Author
Daphne Oz is a student at Princeton University. She grew up in Cliffside Park, New Jersey, with her three younger siblings, Arabella, Zoe, and Oliver. While still in high school she was a writer for ELLEgirl magazine, and she changed her school's lunch menu from processed cafeteria food to include whole grains and raw foods. She is the daughter of Lisa and Dr. Mehmet Oz, co-author of the bestsellers You: The Owner's Manual and You: The Smart Patient.
- Deborah Frazier -- "Colorado's Hot Springs"(1 day)
- Travel Writing: A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(3 days)
- Nathaniel Vinton -- "The Fall Line"(3 days)
- Heather Sappenfield -- "The View from Who I Was"(7 days)
- Alexandra Fuller -- "Leaving Before the Rains Come"(10 days)