- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Petey's Bedtime Story
Petey's in no hurry to go to sleep, but he loves being put to bed -- the bath, the books, the hugs, the chases, and, best of all, the story of the day he was born. One night, with Mommy and Daddy too sleepy to go on, Petey tells his own version of the day he came stomping into the world, cowboy boots and all!
About the Author
Beverly Cleary was born in McMinnville, Oregon, and until she was old enough to attend school she lived on a farm in Yamhill, a town so small it had no library. Her mother arranged to have books sent to their tiny town from the state library and acted as a librarian in a room over a bank. It was there that Mrs. Cleary learned to love books. Generations of children have grown up with Ramona Quimby, Henry Huggins, Ralph Mouse, and all of their friends, families, and assorted pets. Beverly Cleary continues to capture the hearts and imaginations of children of all ages throughout the world.
- Travel Writing: A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(2 hours)
- Nathaniel Vinton -- "The Fall Line"(5 hours)
- Heather Sappenfield -- "The View from Who I Was"(4 days)
- Alexandra Fuller -- "Leaving Before the Rains Come"(7 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Blowout"(10 days)