- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
White Snow, Bright Snow
When the first flakes fell from the grey sky, the postman and the farmer and the policeman and his wife scurried about doing all the practical things grownups do when a snowstorm comes. But the children laughed and danced, and caught the lacy snowflakes on thier tongues.
All the wonder and delight a child feels in a snowfall is caught in the pages of this book -- the frost ferns on the window sill, the snow man in the yard and the mystery and magic of a new white world. Roger Duvoisin's pictures in soft blue half-tones with briliant splashes of yellow and red emphasize the gaiety and humor as well as the poetic quality of the text.
About the Author
Henri Sorensen lives in Denmark.
- Boulder Ballet Storytime Reading of "The Firebird" and "Carnival of the Animals"(Now)
- David Gessner -- "All the Wild That Remains"(2 days)
- Tara Dairman -- "The Stars of Summer"(3 days)
- Ann Stewart Zachwieja, Katie Wise, Yoon Park, and Eddy Jordan -- "Listen to Your Mother"(4 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Strange Angels"(9 days)