- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Read This and Tell Me What It Says: Stories
In her first full-length story collection, author A. Manette Ansay explores the rural Midwest landscape and the people who inhabit it: ordinary folk with extraordinary inner lives, struggling to make sense of the isolated, sometimes painful, and often intensely religious worlds in which they live. Her are 15 haunting and exquisitely written tales that offer a rare and unforgettable glimpse into the complexities of being human and being alive.
About the Author
A. Manette Ansay is the author of eight books, including Vinegar Hill, Midnight Champagne (a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award), and Blue Water. She has received the Pushcart Prize, two Great Lakes Book Awards, and a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts. She teaches in the MFA writing program at the University of Miami.
- Linda Kohanov -- "The Power of the Herd"(4 days)
- Suspense Quadrupled: Four Writers of Mystery(5 days)
- Tovar Cerulli -- "The Mindful Carnivore"(6 days)
- Hilary Hart -- "Body of Wisdom"(12 days)
- Marc Bekoff -- "Ignoring Nature No More: The Case for Compassionate Conservation" & "Jasper's Story"(13 days)