- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Don't Know Much About the Solar System
-- More than seventy moons --
And hundreds of stellar facts about the
True or False:
1. Venus is the coolest planet in our solar system.
2. Halley's comet returns every seventy-six years.
3. The universe is 15 to 20 billion years old.
Blast Off and discover the secrets of outer space! Have you ever wondered why our galaxy is called "the Milky Way," or if you could really catch a shooting star? Here's your chance to find out without ever leaving Earth. Best-selling author Kenneth C. Davis packs fascinating facts and riddles into his signature question-and-answer format. He makes exploring the solar system an out-of-this-world experience!
About the Author
Kenneth C. Davis is the New York Times bestselling author of A Nation Rising; America's Hidden History; and Don't Know Much About® History, which spent thirty-five consecutive weeks on the New York Times bestseller list, sold more than 1.6 million copies, and gave rise to his phenomenal Don't Know Much About® series for adults and children. A resident of New York City and Dorset, Vermont, Davis frequently appears on national television and radio and has been a commentator on NPR's All Things Considered. He blogs regularly at www.dontknowmuch.com.
- Used Book Office Closed(1 day)
- Christmas Eve Hours(5 days)
- Christmas(6 days)
- Buzzy Jackson -- "The Inspirational Atheist"(20 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Foxes on the Trampoline"(25 days)