- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Where the Wild Things Are (Spanish edition): Donde viven los monstruos
Maurice Sendak's beloved Where the Wild Things Are, winner of the 1964 Caldecott Medal, is now available in a newly revised Spanish edition exclusive to Harper Arco Iris. Spanish speakers and listeners will now be able to join Max as he sets sail and becomes king of all Wild Things.
About the Author
In addition to Where the Wild Things Are, Maurice Sendak's books include Kenny's Window, Very Far Away, The Sign on Rosie's Door, Nutshell Library (consisting of Chicken Soup with Rice, Alligators All Around, One Was Johnny, and Pierre), Higglety Pigglety Pop! or There Must Be More to Life, In the Night Kitchen, Outside Over There, We Are All in the Dumps with Jack and Guy, and Bumble-Ardy.
He received the 1964 Caldecott Medal for Where the Wild Things Are; the 1970 Hans Christian Andersen Award for Illustration; the 1983 Laura Ingalls Wilder Award, given by the American Library Association in recognition of his entire body of work; and a 1996 National Medal of Arts in recognition of his contribution to the arts in America. In 2003, he received the first Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award, an international prize for children's literature established by the Swedish government.
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "What Goes On"(1 day)
- Mary Rockwood Lane -- "Healing with the Arts"(1 day)
- Mirabai Starr -- "Saint Francis of Assisi", "Saint Teresa of Avila", and "The Showings of Julian of Norwich"(2 days)
- 25 Days of Grinch-mas Holiday Storytime, Featuring The Grinch!(8 days)
- Used Book Office Closed(10 days)