- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
The Carrot Seed 60th Anniversary Edition
When a little boy plants a carrot seed, everyone tells him it won't grow. But when you are very young, there are some things that you just know, and the little boy knows that one day a carrot will come up. So he waters his seed, and pulls the weeds, and he waits ...
First published in 1945 and never out of print, this timeless combination of Ruth Krauss's simple text and Crockett Johnson's eloquent illustrations creates a triumphant and deeply satisfying story for readers of all ages.
About the Author
Ruth Krauss, a member of the experimental Writers Laboratory at the Bank Street School in New York City in the 1940s, imaginatively used humor and invented words to create some of the very first books for children that highlighted a childs inner life. She collaborated with some of the greatest illustrators in childrens literature, including Maurice Sendak and her husband, Crockett Johnson.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Night Guest"(2 days)
- Marilyn Krysl -- "Yes, There Will Be Singing"(3 days)
- Binx Selby & Linda Jade Fong -- "The Balancepoint Mealplan & Cookbook"(4 days)
- Matteo Pistono -- "Fearless in Tibet"(5 days)
- Travel Writing -- A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(6 days)