- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
A Hole Is to Dig
What is a hole?
A hole is when you step in it
you go down
A hole is
for a mouse
to live in.
And, of course,a hole is to dig.
This is the funniest book
of definitions you'll ever read!
About the Author
Ruth Krauss, a member of the experimental Writers Laboratory at the Bank Street School in New York City in the 1940s, imaginatively used humor and invented words to create some of the very first books for children that highlighted a childs inner life. She collaborated with some of the greatest illustrators in childrens literature, including Maurice Sendak and her husband, Crockett Johnson.
- David Gessner -- "All the Wild That Remains"(1 day)
- Tara Dairman -- "The Stars of Summer"(2 days)
- Ann Stewart Zachwieja, Katie Wise, Yoon Park, and Eddy Jordan -- "Listen to Your Mother"(3 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Strange Angels"(8 days)
- David Loy -- "A New Buddhist Path"(8 days)