- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Where the Wild Things Are
Fiftieth Anniversary Edition
Winner of the Caldecott Medal
Max is sent to bed without supper and imagines sailing away to the land of Wild Things,where he is made king.
About the Author
In addition to Where the Wild Things Are, Maurice Sendak's books include Kenny's Window, Very Far Away, The Sign on Rosie's Door, Nutshell Library (consisting of Chicken Soup with Rice, Alligators All Around, One Was Johnny, and Pierre), Higglety Pigglety Pop! or There Must Be More to Life, In the Night Kitchen, Outside Over There, We Are All in the Dumps with Jack and Guy, and Bumble-Ardy.
He received the 1964 Caldecott Medal for Where the Wild Things Are; the 1970 Hans Christian Andersen Award for Illustration; the 1983 Laura Ingalls Wilder Award, given by the American Library Association in recognition of his entire body of work; and a 1996 National Medal of Arts in recognition of his contribution to the arts in America. In 2003, he received the first Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award, an international prize for children's literature established by the Swedish government.
- Jeff Wilson -- "The Greened House Effect"(1 hour)
- Bruce Kawin -- "Selected Film Essays and Interviews"(1 day)
- Sil & Eliza Reynolds -- "Mothering and Daughtering"(2 days)
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Twelve Tribes of Hattie"(7 days)
- Elana Amsterdam -- "Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry"(8 days)