- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
The Wish Giver: Three Tales of Coven Tree
When a strange little man comes to the Coven Tree Church Social promising he can give people exactly what they ask for, three young believers-in-magic each make a wish that comes true in the most unexpected way.
About the Author
Bill Brittain's tales of the rural New England village of Coven Tree are well loved by children of all ages. The Wish Giver was a Newbery Honor Book; it and Devil's Donkey were both named ALA Notabled Children's Books as well as School Library Journal Best Books. Dr. Dredd's Wagon of Wonders was a 1988 Children's Editors' Choice (ALA Booklist), and Professor Popkin's Prodigious Polish was named a "Pick of the Lists" by American Bookseller.
Mr. Brittain has written many other delightful books, which have also received high acclaim. Among these are All the Money in the World, which won the 1982-1983 Charlie May Simon Children's Book Award and which has been adapted for an ABC-TV Saturday Special; and The Fantastic Freshman, which was named an ALA Recommended Book for Reluctant Young Adult Readers.
Bill Brittain lives with his wife, Ginny, in Asheville, North Carolina.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Night Guest"(2 hours)
- Marilyn Krysl -- "Yes, There Will Be Singing"(1 day)
- Binx Selby & Linda Jade Fong -- "The Balancepoint Mealplan & Cookbook"(2 days)
- Matteo Pistono -- "Fearless in Tibet"(3 days)
- Travel Writing -- A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(4 days)