- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
The Pagan Lord
At the onset of the tenth century, England is in turmoil. Alfred the Great is dead and his son Edward reigns as king. Wessex survives, but peace cannot hold: the Danes in the north, led by Viking Cnut Longsword, stand ready to invade and will never rest until the emerald crown is theirs.
Uhtred, once Alfred's great warrior but now out of favor with the new king, must lead a band of outcasts north to recapture his old family home, that great Northumbrian fortress, Bebbanburg. Loyalties will be divided and men will fall, as every Saxon kingdom is drawn into the bloodiest battle yet with the Danes--a war that will decide the fate of every king, and the entire English nation.
With The Pagan Lord, New York Times bestselling author Bernard Cornwell continues his magnificent epic of the making of England during the Middle Ages, vividly bringing to life the uneasy alliances, bloody battles, and deadly intrigue that gave birth to Great Britain.
- Deborah Frazier -- "Colorado's Hot Springs"(12 hours)
- Travel Writing: A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(2 days)
- Nathaniel Vinton -- "The Fall Line"(2 days)
- Heather Sappenfield -- "The View from Who I Was"(6 days)
- Alexandra Fuller -- "Leaving Before the Rains Come"(9 days)