- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
On Writing the College Application Essay, 25th Anniversary Edition: The Key to Acceptance at the College of Your Choice
What does an admissions officer look for in a college application essay?
You. It's that simple. There's no formula, no trick, no strategy, says Harry Bauld, a former Ivy League admissions officer. But with acceptance rates at all-time lows, just being yourself in an essay means understanding your readers and the unique form in which you are writing. In this fully revised and updated edition of the classic guide to writing the best essay of your life, Bauld reveals the big clichÉs (The Trip, The Jock, Miss America, Pet Death) and helps you discover ways to come alive on the page as a real person instead of applicant number 13,791.
About the Author
Harry Bauld has been a writer, teacher, and speaker for thirty years. He has worked in admissions and college counseling at high schools and universities, including Brown and Columbia, and is currently an English teacher at Horace Mann School in New York.
- Deborah Frazier -- "Colorado's Hot Springs"(1 day)
- Travel Writing: A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(3 days)
- Nathaniel Vinton -- "The Fall Line"(3 days)
- Heather Sappenfield -- "The View from Who I Was"(7 days)
- Alexandra Fuller -- "Leaving Before the Rains Come"(10 days)