- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
New York Times bestselling author James Grippando delivers a nonstop thrill ride ripped from the headlines.
Sydney Bennett, a sexy nightclub waitress, is accused of murdering her two-year-old daughter for cramping her party life. Jack Swyteck knows he's taking on the most controversial case of his career by defending Sydney.
When the shocking verdict of not guilty is announced, citizens across the country are outraged. Media-fed rumors of "blood money"--purported seven-figure book and movie deals--ratchet up the hysteria. On the night of Sydney's release, an angry mob outside the jail has gathered to serve its own justice. In the frenzy, an innocent young woman bearing a striking resemblance to the reviled Sydney Bennett ends up in a coma. But the victim's parents don't believe the attack was the tragic result of random mob violence.
Searching for the truth, Jack discovers larger and much more powerful forces are working in the shadows, and what happened outside the jail is a symptom of an evil that infected the show-stopping trial and media-spun phenomenon of Sydney Bennett.
- Travel Writing: A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(1 day)
- Nathaniel Vinton -- "The Fall Line"(1 day)
- Heather Sappenfield -- "The View from Who I Was"(5 days)
- Alexandra Fuller -- "Leaving Before the Rains Come"(8 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Blowout"(11 days)