- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
A Bride by Moonlight
Passion and secrets simmer behind the elegant façade of Victorian London in A Bride by Moonlight, another deliciously intriguing romance by Liz Carlyle that features the dangerous men of the mysterious St. James Society.
Faced with murder charges, Lisette Colburne never imagined aligning herself with Scotland Yard—not with the scandalous life she’s led. But when Commissioner Royden Napier proposes—that in exchange for her freedom—she pretend to be his wife so he can unravel a brutal mystery, she agrees. What neither counts on is their sizzling, undeniable attraction.
Sexy and action-packed, Liz Carlyle’s A Bride by Moonlight is a beautiful love story set in Victorian high society with compelling characters and elegant, emotional prose that will appeal to readers of historical romance.
About the Author
A lifelong Anglophile, Liz Carlyle cut her teeth reading gothic novels under the bedcovers by flashlight. She is the author of seventeen historical romances, including several New York Times bestsellers. Liz travels incessantly, ever in search of the perfect setting for her next book. Along with her genuine romance-hero husband and four very fine felines, she makes her home in North Carolina.
- Graeme Simsion -- "The Rosie Project"(5 hours)
- Doris Kearns Goodwin -- "The Bully Pulpit"(2 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "What Goes On"(4 days)
- Mary Rockwood Lane -- "Healing with the Arts"(4 days)
- Mirabai Starr -- "Saint Francis of Assisi", "Saint Teresa of Avila", and "The Showings of Julian of Norwich"(5 days)