- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Devil May Care
Ellie and Henry are young, rich, and engaged. When Ellies eccentric Aunt Kate asks her to house-sit at her palatial estate in Burton, Virginia, Ellie is happy to oblige. She feels right at home there with the nearly invisible housekeepers and the plethora of pets, but conventional Henry finds Aunt Kate and her lifestyle a little hard to take. After he leaves, Ellie realizes that there are disturbing secrets about the local aristocracy buried in a dusty old book she has carried into the mansion, and her sudden interest in the past is attracting a slew of unwelcome guestssome of them living . . . and some, perhaps, not. But there are no such things as ghosts, are there? And the terrible vengeance that Ellie and her friends seem to have arousednow aimed at themsurely cannot be . . . satanic.
About the Author
Elizabeth Peters earned her Ph.D. in Egyptology from the University of Chicago's famed Oriental Institute. She was named Grand Master at the inaugural Anthony Awards in 1986 and Grand Master by the Mystery Writers of America in 1998. In 2003, she received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Malice Domestic Convention. She lives in a historic farmhouse in western Maryland.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Night Guest"(12 hours)
- Marilyn Krysl -- "Yes, There Will Be Singing"(1 day)
- Binx Selby & Linda Jade Fong -- "The Balancepoint Mealplan & Cookbook"(2 days)
- Matteo Pistono -- "Fearless in Tibet"(3 days)
- Travel Writing -- A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(4 days)