- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Scoundrel: A Novel of Suspense
Bostonian Paul Shanahan is many things: part-time marine surveyor, smuggler, gunrunner, suspected CIA agent . . . and a full-time scoundrel with ties to nothing and no one except an ex-lover who died years before in a hail of bullets. Now hes agreed to transport $5 million in gold across the ocean by sailboat, money earmarked by the Irish Republican Army for the purchase of fifty-three Stinger missiles. Shanahans instincts are telling him theres more to this deal below the surface and that hes not meant to survive after delivery. But if he can elude British Intelligence, several terrorist organizations, and their most efficient killersand with only his life left to lose$5 million might just be enough to get a desperate rogue out of the game for good.
About the Author
Bernard Cornwell is the author of the acclaimed New York Times bestsellers Agincourt and The Fort; the bestselling Saxon Tales, which include The Last Kingdom, The Pale Horseman, Lords of the North, Sword Song, The Burning Land, and most recently Death of Kings; and the Richard Sharpe novels, among many others. He lives with his wife on Cape Cod and in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Doris Kearns Goodwin -- "The Bully Pulpit"(2 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "What Goes On"(4 days)
- Mary Rockwood Lane -- "Healing with the Arts"(4 days)
- Mirabai Starr -- "Saint Francis of Assisi", "Saint Teresa of Avila", and "The Showings of Julian of Norwich"(5 days)
- 25 Days of Grinch-mas Holiday Storytime, Featuring The Grinch!(11 days)