- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
The Mysteries of Pittsburgh
The sheltered son of a Jewish mobster, Art Bechstein leaps into his first summer as a college graduate as cluelessly as he capered through his school years. But new friends and lovers are eager to guide him through these sultry days of last-ditch youthful alienation and sexual confusionin a blue-collar city where the mundane can sometimes appear almost magical.
About the Author
Michael Chabon is the bestselling and Pulitzer Prizewinning author of The Mysteries of Pittsburgh, Wonder Boys, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, Summerland (a novel for children), The Final Solution, The Yiddish Policemen's Union, and Gentlemen of the Road; as well as the short story collections A Model World and Werewolves in Their Youth; and the essay collections Maps and Legends and Manhood for Amateurs. He is the Chairman of the Board of the MacDowell Colony. He lives in Berkeley, California, with his wife, the novelist Ayelet Waldman, and their children.
- A Workshop with Chanel Helgason MD -- "First Steps to Time Mastery"(6 hours)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Self Portrait with Expletives"(3 days)
- TaraShea Nesbit -- "The Wives of Los Alamos"(3 days)
- David Aguilar -- "Alien Worlds"(4 days)
- Jeffrey Bennett -- "What Is Relativity?"(5 days)