- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
When Ruth returns home to the South for the summer after her freshman year at college, a near tragedy pushes her to uncover family truths and take a good look at the woman she wants to become.
Growing up in Alabama, all Ruth Wasserman wanted was to be a blond Baptist cheerleader. But as a curly-haired Jew with a rampant sweet tooth and a smart mouth, this was an impossible dream. Not helping the situation was her older brother, Davida soccer star whose good looks, smarts, and popularity reigned at school and at home. College provided an escape route and Ruth took it.
Now home for the summer, she's back lifeguarding and coaching alongside David, and although the job is the same, nothing else is. She's a prisoner of her low self-esteem and unhealthy relationship with food, David is closed off and distant in a way he's never been before, and their parents are struggling with the reality of an empty nest. When a near drowning happens on their watch, a storm of repercussions forces Ruth and David to confront long-ignored truths about their town, their family, and themselves.
About the Author
Zoe Fishman is the author of Balancing Acts. She lives in Atlanta, Georgia, with her husband and son.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Night Guest"(1 day)
- Marilyn Krysl -- "Yes, There Will Be Singing"(2 days)
- Binx Selby & Linda Jade Fong -- "The Balancepoint Mealplan & Cookbook"(3 days)
- Matteo Pistono -- "Fearless in Tibet"(4 days)
- Travel Writing -- A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(5 days)