- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
When mother and daughter Vivi and Siddalee Walker get into a savage fight over a New York Times article that refers to Vivi as a tap-dancing child abuser, the fallout is felt from Louisiana to New York to Seattle. A successful theater director, Siddalee panics and postpones her upcoming weddingso Vivis intrepid gang of lifelong girlfriends, the Ya-Yas, sashay in and conspire to bring everyone back together.
In 1932, Vivi and the Ya-Yas were disqualified from a Shirley Temple Look-Alike Contest for unladylike behavior. Sixty years later, theyre still making waves. They persuade Vivi to send Sidda a scrapbook of girlhood mementos titled Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhoodan album that will reveal more questions than answers as it leads Sidda to encounter the legacy of imperfect love and the unknowable mystery of life.
About the Author
Writer, actor, and playwright Rebecca Wells is the author of the New York Times bestsellers Ya-Yas in Bloom, Little Altars Everywhere, and Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, which was made into a feature film. A native of Louisiana, she now lives on an island in the Pacific Northwest.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Night Guest"(14 hours)
- Marilyn Krysl -- "Yes, There Will Be Singing"(1 day)
- Binx Selby & Linda Jade Fong -- "The Balancepoint Mealplan & Cookbook"(2 days)
- Matteo Pistono -- "Fearless in Tibet"(3 days)
- Travel Writing -- A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(4 days)