- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
A King's Ransom
Two years out of law school, Nick Rey is already on the fast track at a hot Miami law firm. But his dreams of success are overshadowed when his father, Matthew, is abducted on a business trip to Colombia. The guerillas demand an impossible $3 million ransom, the exact sum Matthews kidnap-and-ransom insurance policy covers. The insurance company suspects fraud, however, and refuses to pay. And as Nick soon learns, it isnt the guerillas who hold the key to his fathers survival. A group of faceless lawyers at a powerful firm has something to hide, and will stop at nothing to keep Nick from discovering the truth.
About the Author
James Grippando is a New York Times bestselling author. Blood Money is his twentieth novel, the tenth in his acclaimed series featuring Miami criminal defense attorney Jack Swyteck. James Grippando was a trial lawyer for twelve years before the publication of his first novel in 1994 (The Pardon). He lives in South Florida with his wife, three children, two cats, and a golden retriever named Max, who has no idea he's a dog.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Night Guest"(12 hours)
- Marilyn Krysl -- "Yes, There Will Be Singing"(1 day)
- Binx Selby & Linda Jade Fong -- "The Balancepoint Mealplan & Cookbook"(2 days)
- Matteo Pistono -- "Fearless in Tibet"(3 days)
- Travel Writing -- A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(4 days)