- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
The Fourth Gospel: Tales of a Jewish Mystic
The bestselling and controversial bishop reveals the subversive, mystical teachings of the writer of the Gospel of John and how his teachings are more relevant now, in the post-Christian world, than ever before.
About the Author
John Shelby Spong was the Episcopal Bishop of Newark for twenty-four years prior to his retirement in 2000. Since then he has taught at Harvard University, the University of the Pacific and Drew University and he has been a visiting lecturer at universities and churches throughout North America and the English-speaking world. His books have sold over a million copies and he is regarded as one of Christianitys frontier twenty-first-century thinkers. His bestselling titles include Eternal Life: A New Vision, Jesus for the Non-Religious, The Sins of Scripture, A New Christianity for a New World, Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism, Resurrection: Myth or Reality?, Why Christianity Must Change or Die and his autobiography, Here I Stand. He lives with his wife, Christine, in Morris Plains, New Jersey.
- David Gessner -- "All the Wild That Remains"(6 hours)
- Tara Dairman -- "The Stars of Summer"(1 day)
- Ann Stewart Zachwieja, Katie Wise, Yoon Park, and Eddy Jordan -- "Listen to Your Mother"(2 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Strange Angels"(7 days)
- David Loy -- "A New Buddhist Path"(7 days)