- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Lord of the Silent: An Amelia Peabody Novel of Suspense
The ghosts of an ancient past and the specters of a present-day evil are buried beneath the Egyptian sands . . .
For archaeologist Amelia Peabody and her family, the allure of Egypt remains as powerful as ever, even in 1915, as a World War rages. But nowhere in this exotic land is safe—especially for Amelia's son Ramses and his beautiful new wife Nefret. Treachery and danger pursue the two young lovers across the desert nation, strengthening a bond of passion and devotion that only death can sever. And the grim discovery of a recent corpse in a tomb where it does not belong is pulling Amelia deeper into a storm of intrigue, corruption, kidnapping, and murder—and toward dark revelations that threaten to awaken the past . . . and alter the family's destiny.
About the Author
Elizabeth Peters earned her Ph.D. in Egyptology from the University of Chicago's famed Oriental Institute. She was named Grand Master at the inaugural Anthony Awards in 1986 and Grand Master by the Mystery Writers of America in 1998. In 2003, she received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Malice Domestic Convention. She lives in a historic farmhouse in western Maryland.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Night Guest"(2 days)
- Marilyn Krysl -- "Yes, There Will Be Singing"(3 days)
- Binx Selby & Linda Jade Fong -- "The Balancepoint Mealplan & Cookbook"(4 days)
- Matteo Pistono -- "Fearless in Tibet"(5 days)
- Travel Writing -- A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(6 days)