- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
A Balloon for Isabel
Balloons are bright and floaty and shiny and perfect.
More than anything else in the whole wide world, Isabel wants a balloon. Everyone will get one on Graduation Dayeveryone except the porcupines, because Porcupines + Balloons = Trouble
But Isabel isn't going to settle for another boring bookmark. She has a plan. . . .
About the Author
Deborah Underwood is the author of The Quiet Book, illustrated by Renata Liwska, and Granny Gomez and Jigsaw, illustrated by Scott Magoon. She lives in San Francisco, California.
Praise for A Balloon for Isabel…
“Entertainingly told and sweetly satisfying.”
“Authentic dialogue, a touch of humor, and Isabel’s ingenious invention make this tale of desire and determination a keeper.”
-School Library Journal
“Sure to delight even the prickliest of readers.”
- Eric Skokan -- "Farm Fork Food"(5 days)
- Jon Bassoff -- "Factory Town"(6 days)
- Dannielle Owens-Reid & Kristin Russo -- "This Is a Book for Parents of Gay Kids"(7 days)
- Julie Hedlund & Susan Eaddy -- "My Love for You Is the Sun"(8 days)
- Veterans Speak Book Club Discussion of "The Yellow Birds"(8 days)