- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
When drug dealers murdered her lawman husband, Joanna Brady vowed she would carry on his good work no matter what the cost. With grit, courage, and dogged determination, she challenged the status quoand won. Now, as newly elected Sheriff of Cochise County, Arizona, she must battle the prejudice and hostility of a mistrustful, male-dominated police force and solve a grisly double homicide that threatens to tear the sleepy desert community to pieces. For the two bodies baking in the harsh Southwestern sun are connected by sinister threads that reach back generationsand by devastating family secrets of greed, hatred, and shocking abuse that could destroy the innocent along with the guilty.
About the Author
J. A. Jance is the New York Times bestselling author of the J. P. Beaumont series, the Joanna Brady series, the Ali Reynolds series, and four interrelated thrillers about the Walker family. Born in South Dakota and brought up in Bisbee, Arizona, Jance lives with her husband in Seattle, Washington, and Tucson, Arizona.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "Dirty Love"(Now)
- Deborah Frazier -- "Colorado's Hot Springs"(2 days)
- Travel Writing: A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(4 days)
- Nathaniel Vinton -- "The Fall Line"(4 days)
- Heather Sappenfield -- "The View from Who I Was"(8 days)