- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Emily Post's Etiquette, 18th Edition
Millions of Readers, Eighteen Editions, One Trusted Resource
From social networking to social graces, the name Emily Post has been the definitive source on etiquette for generations of Americans. That tradition continues with the 18th edition of Etiquette, which welcomes a new generation of PostsAnna Post, Lizzie Post, and Daniel Post Senningthe great-great grandchildren of Emily Post. Led by Peggy Post, author of the 16th and 17th editions of Etiquette, this team shows how twenty-first-century manners are a combination of kindness, confidence, and awareness.
New trends, topics, and societal hot zones include:
- When is it okay to unfriend someone on Facebook?
- If Im in a middle seat on an airplane, do I automatically get both armrests?
- A business client is sick with a coldam I obligated to shake his hand?
- Is it rude for guests to tweet from a wedding?
- Do I have to buy a gift if I attend a destination wedding?
- Can I email a condolence note?
- Should I cover up my tattoo for a job interview?
The Posts dont stint on classic conundrums, either. Emily Posts Etiquette includes advice on names and titles, dress codes, invitations, table manners, workplace frustrations, and weddings.
According to the Posts, though times have changed, the principles of good manners remain constant. Above all, manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. Being considerate, respectful, and honest is more important than knowing which fork to use. Whether its a handshake or a fist bump, its the underlying sincerity and good intentions of the action that matter most.
About the Author
Peggy Post, Emily Posts great-granddaughter-in-law, is a director of The Emily Post Institute and the author of more than a dozen books. Peggy writes a monthly column in Good Housekeeping and an online wedding etiquette column for the New York Times.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Night Guest"(1 day)
- Marilyn Krysl -- "Yes, There Will Be Singing"(2 days)
- Binx Selby & Linda Jade Fong -- "The Balancepoint Mealplan & Cookbook"(3 days)
- Matteo Pistono -- "Fearless in Tibet"(4 days)
- Travel Writing -- A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(5 days)