- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
This Plus That: Life's Little Equations
What comes after 1 + 1?
Just about anything!
In this fanciful collection, Amy Krouse Rosenthal puts together unexpected combinations that always add up to something special. Whether it's "wishes + frosting = birthday" or "birds + buds = spring," each equation is a small delight. This Plus That shows again and again that life's total experience is always greater than the sum of its parts.
About the Author
Amy Krouse Rosenthal is a New York Times bestselling author of books for children and grown-ups. Her childrens books include the Cookies series, illustrated by Jane Dyer and Brooke Dyer; Duck! Rabbit!, The OK Book, Yes Day!, and Its Not Fair!, illustrated by Tom Lichtenheld; Spoon, illustrated by Scott Magoon; The Wonder Book, illustrated by Paul Schmid; and This Plus That, Little Pea, Little Hoot, and Little Oink, illustrated by Jen Corace. Her work for grown-ups includes the memoir Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life and the film project The Beckoning of Lovely. Amy lives online at www.whoisamy.com and for real in Chicago.
- A Workshop with Chanel Helgason MD -- "First Steps to Time Mastery"(1 day)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Self Portrait with Expletives"(4 days)
- TaraShea Nesbit -- "The Wives of Los Alamos"(4 days)
- David Aguilar -- "Alien Worlds"(5 days)
- Jeffrey Bennett -- "What Is Relativity?"(6 days)