- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Road Rage CD: Road Rage CD
Road Rage unites Richard Matheson's classic Duel and the contemporary work it inspired—two power-packed short stories by three of the genre's most acclaimed authors. Duel, an unforgettable tale about a driver menaced by a semi truck, was the source for Stephen Spielberg's acclaimed first film of the same name. Throttle, by Stephen King and Joe Hill, is a duel of a different kind, pitting a faceless trucker against a tribe of motorcycle outlaws, in the simmering Nevada desert. Their battle is fought out on twenty miles of the most lonely road in the country, a place where the only thing worse than not knowing what you're up against, is slowing down . . .
About the Author
Joe Hill is the New York Times bestselling author of the novels Horns and Heart-Shaped Box and the prizewinning story collection 20th Century Ghosts. He is also the Eisner awardwinning writer of an ongoing comic book series, Locke & Key. His new novel, NOS4A2, will be published in May 2013. You can follow Joe on Twitter, where he goes by the inspired handle of @joe_hill.
- Doris Kearns Goodwin -- "The Bully Pulpit"(0 minutes)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "What Goes On"(2 days)
- Mary Rockwood Lane -- "Healing with the Arts"(2 days)
- Mirabai Starr -- "Saint Francis of Assisi", "Saint Teresa of Avila", and "The Showings of Julian of Norwich"(3 days)
- 25 Days of Grinch-mas Holiday Storytime, Featuring The Grinch!(9 days)