- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Words for Your Wedding
In the excitement of planning a wedding in all its detail, the beauty and meaning of the words exchanged can sometimes be overlooked. To help you find and create the perfect ceremony, ministers David Glusker and Peter Misner have compiled this do-it-yourself guide that walks you through the entire wedding ceremony, offering both contemporary and traditional readings and prayers.
From the gathering words to the final blessing, this collection of wedding traditions lets you design a ceremony that is right for you—whether it is an established service, a combination of elements from various traditions, or a newly created celebration of your own.
This practical resource for couples and ministers alike also includes special sections featuring:
- the civil ceremony
- the Roman Catholic and ecumenical wedding
- the Jewish wedding
- tips for how to write your own service
- guidelines for renewing your wedding vows
About the Author
David Glusker and Peter Misner, ministers in Maine, have officiated at hundreds of weddings.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Orphan Master's Son"(18 hours)
- Julie DuBose -- "Effortless Beauty"(1 day)
- How Do Books Get Published? A Seminar with Literary Agent Sara Megibow(2 days)
- Linda Kohanov -- "The Power of the Herd"(7 days)
- Suspense Quadrupled: Four Writers of Mystery(8 days)