- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Best-Loved Chinese Proverbs (2nd Edition)
"By filling one's head instead of one's pocket, one cannot be robbed."
The appeal of Chinese proverbs is profound and universal. With brevity, clarity, and simplicity, these carefully chosen words help pass wisdom and insight throughout the ages. This timeless, eloquent collection of proverbs offers fundamental truths about the natural world and the human condition, on subjects such as:
Ability Adversity Beauty Character Conflict Cooperation Deception Defeat Fortune Greed Happiness Honor Inspiration Knowledge Leadership Love Moderation Necessity Neighbors Obstinacy Opportunity Perseverance Pride Sincerity Strategy Success Thought Trust Victory Wisdom And More
"With our thoughts we must build our world."
About the Author
Theodora Lau, a leading authority on Chinese horoscopes, is the author of The Chinese Horoscopes Guide to Relationships and Chinese Horoscopes for Your Child. She is also the coauthor of The Handbook of Chinese Horoscopes and Best-Loved Chinese Proverbs.
- Deborah Frazier -- "Colorado's Hot Springs"(4 hours)
- Travel Writing: A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(2 days)
- Nathaniel Vinton -- "The Fall Line"(2 days)
- Heather Sappenfield -- "The View from Who I Was"(6 days)
- Alexandra Fuller -- "Leaving Before the Rains Come"(9 days)