- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Supermodel Carol Alt brings the inside world of high-end fashion modeling into dazzling focus—with a fabulous novel about what it takes to get to the top...and stay there.
Plucked from obscurity, beautiful Melody Ann Croft is making her way up the industry ladder. But Melody Ann is gone...in her place is "Mac" and with her looks, brains, and drive, she may well be on the brink of becoming America's top model. Suddenly Mac's seeing her name in the tabloids, being wooed by billionaire businessmen...and sharing intimate late-night dinners with movie stars. And she's discovering that the supermodel life isn't all fluff and glamour. It's long hours, hard work, and even harder choices—like choosing to starve or to never work again.
But does Mac have what it takes to be super? Because deep down—behind the perfect body and million-dollar smile—she's still the same hometown Melody Ann she's always been....
About the Author
The bestselling author of This Year's Model and Eating in the Raw, Carol Alt's face has appeared on the cover of more than seven hundred magazines. Her calendars, posters, and exercise videos have sold millions of copies. A frequent guest on TV talk shows, she has acted on stage, on television, and in more than sixty-five movies.
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "What Goes On"(1 day)
- Mary Rockwood Lane -- "Healing with the Arts"(1 day)
- Mirabai Starr -- "Saint Francis of Assisi", "Saint Teresa of Avila", and "The Showings of Julian of Norwich"(2 days)
- 25 Days of Grinch-mas Holiday Storytime, Featuring The Grinch!(8 days)
- Used Book Office Closed(10 days)