- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
My Brave Year of Firsts: Tries, Sighs, and High Fives
The first time I rode a two-wheeler alone, I crashed and my mom filmed it on her iPhone. . . .
The tenth children's book by the #1 New York Times bestselling team of Jamie Lee Curtis and Laura Cornell celebrates the extraordinary, everyday bravery of trying new things for the very first time. Whether Frankie's learning to ride a bike, love her first dog, make new friends (her very first twins), or help out her dad, she discovers that trying new things is how she growsand that being brave enough to do so is what growing up is all about.
About the Author
Jamie Lee Curtis has had many firsts: her first (and only) marriage to Christopher Guest, her first time holding her children, Annie and Tom, her first time pretending to be a customer in an episode of Quincy, and her first time she wrote words that became her first book. She lives in Los Angeles, the first city she ever lived in, and is always first in line, first to arrive, first to leave, and first to sleep.
- David Gessner -- "All the Wild That Remains"(5 hours)
- Tara Dairman -- "The Stars of Summer"(1 day)
- Ann Stewart Zachwieja, Katie Wise, Yoon Park, and Eddy Jordan -- "Listen to Your Mother"(2 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Strange Angels"(7 days)
- David Loy -- "A New Buddhist Path"(7 days)