- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
The Wonder Book
So . . . this book is full of stuff I've always wondered about . . .
- Did Miss Mary Mack have friends who liked other colors?
- Could everything important about the world be summarized in a poem that rhymes?
- How do Moms always know when you're about to sneak a cookie?
- Who hid something under the Tooth Fairy's pillow when she was a little girl?
Inside you will find stories, short poems, lists, palindromes, visual treats, and random observations. Some parts are happy, some sad-ish, some silly, some serious, some crunchy, some with a soft center.
You can open the book up anywhere and read. So the beginning could be the end, and the end could be the beginning. But I guess the middle is always the middle. . . .
P.S. aren't Paul's drawings the best?!
About the Author
Amy Krouse Rosenthal is a New York Times bestselling author of books for children and grown-ups. Her childrens books include the Cookies series, illustrated by Jane Dyer and Brooke Dyer; Duck! Rabbit!, The OK Book, Yes Day!, and Its Not Fair!, illustrated by Tom Lichtenheld; Spoon, illustrated by Scott Magoon; The Wonder Book, illustrated by Paul Schmid; and This Plus That, Little Pea, Little Hoot, and Little Oink, illustrated by Jen Corace. Her work for grown-ups includes the memoir Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life and the film project The Beckoning of Lovely. Amy lives online at www.whoisamy.com and for real in Chicago.
- Deborah Frazier -- "Colorado's Hot Springs"(13 hours)
- Travel Writing: A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(2 days)
- Nathaniel Vinton -- "The Fall Line"(2 days)
- Heather Sappenfield -- "The View from Who I Was"(6 days)
- Alexandra Fuller -- "Leaving Before the Rains Come"(9 days)