- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
The Second Death of Goodluck Tinubu: A Detective Kubu Mystery
Normally a peaceful wilderness retreat, the Jackalberry bush camp has suddenly become a ghastly crime sceneand Detective David "Kubu" Bengu is assigned to the case. Zimbabwean teacher Goodluck Tinubu and another tourist have been found bludgeoned to death, while another guest at the camprumored to be a dissident wanted in Zimbabwehas disappeared without a trace.
With the local police unableor unwillingto provide much assistance, Detective Kubu must rely on his own instincts. But a startling piece of forensic evidence from Goodluck Tinubu's murder adds a complicated twist to the investigation, and Kubu has to work fast to solve a seemingly impossible riddle before more Jackalberry guests meet their deaths.
About the Author
Michael Stanley is the writing team of Johannesburg natives Michael Sears and Stanley Trollip. Sears was born in Johannesburg, grew up in Cape Town and Nairobi, and teaches at the University of the Witwatersrand. Trollip was on the faculty at the universities of Illinois, Minnesota, and North Dakota, and at Capella University, and divides his time between South Africa and Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Night Guest"(2 days)
- Marilyn Krysl -- "Yes, There Will Be Singing"(3 days)
- Binx Selby & Linda Jade Fong -- "The Balancepoint Mealplan & Cookbook"(4 days)
- Matteo Pistono -- "Fearless in Tibet"(5 days)
- Travel Writing -- A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(6 days)