- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Gamiani, or Two Nights of Excess
"' What a picture! ' She shivered, making her breasts quiver, and I realized that this confession, far from horrifying her, was feeding her lust. You'll send the devil back into our flesh.' "
Considered one of the truly great French writers of the nineteenth century, famed poet and novelist Alfred de Musset once decided (as great French writers are wont to do) to try his hand at erotic fiction. The glorious result was Gamiani, a classic tale of sensual pleasure and sexual excess. Reputedly inspired by the debauched history of Musset's former lover-the irrepressible George Sand-it is the classic erotic story of one man, two women . . . and two incomparable nights of uninhibited sexual adventure.
About the Author
Alfred de Musset (1810-1857) was a French poet, playwright, and novelist. He was born in Paris to a well-to-do family and turned to writing after first studying to be a doctor. Influenced by Lord Byron and Shakespeare, he fraternized with many great French writers such as Victor Hugo. He died in 1857 of a heart malfunction.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Night Guest"(2 days)
- Marilyn Krysl -- "Yes, There Will Be Singing"(3 days)
- Binx Selby & Linda Jade Fong -- "The Balancepoint Mealplan & Cookbook"(4 days)
- Matteo Pistono -- "Fearless in Tibet"(5 days)
- Travel Writing -- A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(6 days)