- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
She's a skinny orphan. She's never been able to hear too well. And she can't speak too well, either. The only person who seems to care for her—one of the nuns at the orphanage—gets taken away from Alice in a freak accident.
And then one day somebody calls Alice by the wrong name.
Miami, she says.
Miami Shaw, who may be Alice's twin sister.
Who lives only a few miles away.
Who has what Alice has always dreamed of—a whole wonderful family. But is there a place in that family for Alice?
About the Author
Gregory Maguire is the author of several best-selling adult novels, including Wicked, which was turned into a Broadway musical. His books for younger readers include the picture book Crabby Cratchitt, the novel The Good Liar, and the popular Hamlet Chronicles series. While writing Leaping Beauty, Mr. Maguire sadly became allergic to all creatures great and small. Now he lives in a house without pets, though he is the father of three happy, noisy small children to whom, at this writing, he has not yet developed allergies.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Orphan Master's Son"(1 day)
- Julie DuBose -- "Effortless Beauty"(2 days)
- How Do Books Get Published? A Seminar with Literary Agent Sara Megibow(3 days)
- Linda Kohanov -- "The Power of the Herd"(8 days)
- Suspense Quadrupled: Four Writers of Mystery(9 days)