- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
It's the summer before senior year, and Marcus should be hanging out, filling his sketchbook, maybe asking a girl out for once. So why is he in a car with his brother, his brother's girl, and the pistol, headed straight toward his dad?
David Hernandez writes with striking lyricism and unfaltering poise. Suckerpunch marks the debut of a superb and important new literary talent.
About the Author
David Hernandez is a web designer and a poet whose collections include Always Danger, winner of the Crab Orchard Series in Poetry, and A House Waiting for Music. He also wrote the novel Suckerpunch. He lives in Long Beach, California, with his wife, the writer Lisa Glatt. No More Us for You is his second novel.
Praise for Suckerpunch…
“From the opening sentence, the writing shocks, then mesmerizes readers....Hernandez’s solid first YA effort will have readers clamoring for his next work.”
-Publishers Weekly (starred review)
- Tara Dairman -- "The Stars of Summer"(1 day)
- Ann Stewart Zachwieja, Katie Wise, Yoon Park, and Eddy Jordan -- "Listen to Your Mother"(2 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Strange Angels"(7 days)
- David Loy -- "A New Buddhist Path"(7 days)
- Carl Lehrburger -- "Secrets of Ancient America"(8 days)