- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
A Ripple From the Storm
Martha Quest, the embodied heroine of the Children of Violence series, has been acclaimed as one of the greatest fictional creations in the English language. In a Ripple from the Storm, Doris Lessing charts Martha Quest's personal and political adventures in race-torn British Africa, following Martha through World War II, a grotesque second marriage, and an excursion into Communism. This wise and starling novel perceptively reveals the paradoxes, passions, and ironies rooted in the life of twentieth-century Anglo-Africa.
A Ripple from the Storm is the third novel in Doris Lessing's classic Children of Violence sequence of novels, each a masterpiece in its own right, and, taken together, an incisive and all-encompassing vision of our world in the twentieth century.
About the Author
Doris Lessing, winner of the 2007 Nobel Prize in Literature, is one of the most celebrated and distinguished writers of our time. She lives in north London.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Orphan Master's Son"(2 days)
- Julie DuBose -- "Effortless Beauty"(3 days)
- How Do Books Get Published? A Seminar with Literary Agent Sara Megibow(4 days)
- Linda Kohanov -- "The Power of the Herd"(9 days)
- Suspense Quadrupled: Four Writers of Mystery(10 days)