- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
A Short History of Reconstruction
An abridged version of Reconstruction: America's Unfinished Revolution, the definitive study of the aftermath of the Civil War, winner of the Bancroft Prize, Avery O. Craven Prize, Los Angeles Times Book Award, Francis Parkman Prize, and Lionel Trilling Prize.
About the Author
Eric Foner, DeWitt Clinton Professor of American History at Columbia University, is the author of numerous works on American history, including Free Soil, Free Labor, Free Men: The Ideology of the Republican Party Before the Civil War; Tom Paine and Revolutionary America; and The Story of American Freedom. He has served as president of both the Organization of American Historians and the American Historical Association, and has been named Scholar of the Year by the New York Council for the Humanities.
- Bruce Kawin -- "Selected Film Essays and Interviews"(7 hours)
- Sil & Eliza Reynolds -- "Mothering and Daughtering"(1 day)
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Twelve Tribes of Hattie"(6 days)
- Elana Amsterdam -- "Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry"(7 days)
- Khaled Hosseini -- "And the Mountains Echoed"(8 days)