- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Dare to Repair: A Do-it-Herself Guide to Fixing (Almost) Anything in the Home
This is NOT your father's home repair book!
And it's not your husband's, your brother's, your boyfriend's, or the guy's next door. Dare to Repair is a do-it-herself book for every woman who would rather be self-reliant than rely on a super or contractor.
No matter the depth of your pockets or the size of your home, a toilet will get clogged, a circuit breaker will trip, and a smoke detector will stop working. It's up to you how you'll deal with them -- live in denial, pay the piper, or get real and do it yourself.
Dare to Repair demystifies these home repairs by providing information that other books leave out.
In Dare to Repair, you'll learn how to:
- Take the plunge -- from fixing a leaky faucet to cleaning the gutters.
- Lighten up -- from removing a broken light bulb to installing a dimmer switch.
- Keep your cool -- from maintaining a refrigerator's gasket to changing the rotation of a ceiling fan.
- Get a handle on it -- from replacing a doorknob to repairing a broken window.
- Play it safe -- from planning a fire escape route to installing a smoke detector.
Filled with detailed illustrations, Dare to Repair provides even the most repair-challenged woman with the ability to successfully fix things around the home. Once you start, you won't want to stop.
About the Author
Julie Sussman and Stephanie Glakas-Tenet, authors of the national bestseller Dare to Repair and Dare to Repair Your Car, have been featured on the New York Times, Washington Post, Barnes & Noble, and Amazon bestseller lists. They have appeared on Good Morning America, Today, The Early Show, and FOX & Friends, and have hosted their own PBS special. As spokeswomen for the Lowe's and Habitat for Humanity Women Build program partnership, the authors have committed themselves to helping address the crisis of substandard housing by engaging women in the construction and maintenance of Habitat homes. In addition, they have partnered with the U.S. military and Lowe's to provide Dare to Repair clinics, teaching home repair and car care to military spouses managing the home front.
- Travel Writing: A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(9 hours)
- Nathaniel Vinton -- "The Fall Line"(12 hours)
- Heather Sappenfield -- "The View from Who I Was"(4 days)
- Alexandra Fuller -- "Leaving Before the Rains Come"(7 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Blowout"(10 days)