- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Porter Ellis once believed he would be a famous painter -- until a decade of eking out a living as a graphic designer crushed his dreams.
Suddenly his wife, Lucy, dies of breast cancer, and Porter discovers that he can't deal with her parents. Sneaking out of town with his twelve-year-old daughter and eight-year-old son, he sets out on an adventure that he hopes will mend their broken hearts. Along the way, chance encounters with a number of eccentric and amusing characters help him realize that he must face his sorrow and restart his life.
Hilarious and poignant, After Lucy is a wild ride through family relationships, emotions, and hopes for the future.
About the Author
Daniel Jones is the author of the novel After Lucy, which was a finalist for the Barnes and Noble Discover Award. His writing has appeared in Elle, Mirabella, Redbook, Stagebill, Indiana Review, and elsewhere. He lives in Massachusetts with his family.
- Linda Kohanov -- "The Power of the Herd"(3 days)
- Suspense Quadrupled: Four Writers of Mystery(4 days)
- Tovar Cerulli -- "The Mindful Carnivore"(5 days)
- Hilary Hart -- "Body of Wisdom"(11 days)
- Marc Bekoff -- "Ignoring Nature No More: The Case for Compassionate Conservation" & "Jasper's Story"(12 days)