- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Why We Run: A Natural History
In Why We Run, biologist, award-winning nature writer, and ultramarathoner Bernd Heinrich explores a new perspective on human evolution by examining the phenomenon of ultraendurance and makes surprising discoveries about the physical, spiritual -- and primal -- drive to win. At once lyrical and scientific, Why We Run shows Heinrich's signature blend of biology, anthropology, psychology, and philosophy, infused with his passion to discover how and why we can achieve superhuman abilities.
About the Author
The author of numerous bestselling and award-winning books, Bernd Heinrich is a professor of biology at the University of Vermont. He divides his time between Vermont and the forests of western Maine.
- Linda Kohanov -- "The Power of the Herd"(3 days)
- Suspense Quadrupled: Four Writers of Mystery(4 days)
- Tovar Cerulli -- "The Mindful Carnivore"(5 days)
- Hilary Hart -- "Body of Wisdom"(11 days)
- Marc Bekoff -- "Ignoring Nature No More: The Case for Compassionate Conservation" & "Jasper's Story"(12 days)