- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Endangered Pleasures: In Defense of Naps, Bacon, Martinis, Profanity, and Other Indulgences
Here is a refreshing look at life as it ought to be. Bare feet, gardening, dawdling over the newspaper, oversleeping, and idle summer vacations are infinitely more satisfying than counting fat grams, eating only vegetables, and sitting behind that desk every day. So toss out the guilt and rebel. Don't just stop and smell the flowers--call in sick and lie among them, preferably with a good friend, a bottle of wine, and a handful of chocolates. Endangered Pleasures is a delightful reminder that rest and relaxation are more rewarding than a job performance review. After all, life's too short. Why not have some fun while you're supposed to be living it?
About the Author
Barbara Holland's books include Secrets of the Cat, Hail to the Chief, and One's Company. Her articles have appeared in Arts and Entertainment, Country Journal, and Smithsonian. She lives in Bluemont, Virginia.
- Travel Writing: A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(6 hours)
- Nathaniel Vinton -- "The Fall Line"(9 hours)
- Heather Sappenfield -- "The View from Who I Was"(4 days)
- Alexandra Fuller -- "Leaving Before the Rains Come"(7 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Blowout"(10 days)