- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Sharpe's Triumph: The Battle of Assaye, September 1803
"I saw you fight at Seringapatam and I doubt Dodd can stand up to you."
"He won't, sir, he won't," Sharpe said grimly. "And I'll keep you alive." "If God wills it." Sharpe smiled. "Don't they say God helps those who help themselves, sir? We'll do the job, sir."
Richard Sharpesoldier, hero, roguethe man you always want on your side. Born in poverty, he joined the army to escape jail and climbed the ranks by sheer brutal courage. He knows no other family than the regiment of the 95th Rifles, whose green jacket he proudly wears.
About the Author
Bernard Cornwell is the author of the acclaimed New York Times bestsellers Agincourt and The Fort; the bestselling Saxon Tales, which include The Last Kingdom, The Pale Horseman, Lords of the North, Sword Song, The Burning Land, and most recently Death of Kings; and the Richard Sharpe novels, among many others. He lives with his wife on Cape Cod and in Charleston, South Carolina.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Night Guest"(18 hours)
- Marilyn Krysl -- "Yes, There Will Be Singing"(1 day)
- Binx Selby & Linda Jade Fong -- "The Balancepoint Mealplan & Cookbook"(2 days)
- Matteo Pistono -- "Fearless in Tibet"(3 days)
- Travel Writing -- A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(4 days)