- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Renowned as a master of magical realism, Gabriel Garcia Marquez has long delighted readers around the world with his exquisitely crafted prose. Brimming with unforgettable characters and set in exotic locales, his fiction transports readers to a world that is at once fanciful, haunting, and real.
Leaf Storm, Gabriel Garcia Marquez's first novella, introduces the mythical village of Macondo, a desolate town beset by torrents of rain, where a man must fulfill a promise made years earlier.
No One Writes to the Colonel is a novella of life in a decaying tropical town in Colombia with an unforgettable central character.
Chronicle of a Death Foretold is a dark and profound story of three people joined together in a fatal act of violence.
About the Author
Gabriel GarcÍa MÁrquez was born in Colombia in 1927. His many books include The Autumn of the Patriarch; No One Writes to the Colonel; Love in the Time of Cholera; a memoir, Living to Tell the Tale; and, most recently, a novel, Memories of My Melancholy Whores. Gabriel GarcÍa MÁrquez was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1982.
- Deborah Frazier -- "Colorado's Hot Springs"(9 hours)
- Travel Writing: A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(2 days)
- Nathaniel Vinton -- "The Fall Line"(2 days)
- Heather Sappenfield -- "The View from Who I Was"(6 days)
- Alexandra Fuller -- "Leaving Before the Rains Come"(9 days)