- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Teaching a Stone to Talk: Expeditions and Encounters
Here, in this compelling assembly of writings, Pulitzer Prize-winning author Annie Dillard explores the world of natural facts and human meanings.
About the Author
Annie Dillard has written eleven books, including the memoir of her parents, An American Childhood; the Northwest pioneer epic The Living; and the nonfiction narrative Pilgrim at Tinker Creek. A gregarious recluse, she is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Letters.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Orphan Master's Son"(1 day)
- Julie DuBose -- "Effortless Beauty"(2 days)
- How Do Books Get Published? A Seminar with Literary Agent Sara Megibow(3 days)
- Linda Kohanov -- "The Power of the Herd"(8 days)
- Suspense Quadrupled: Four Writers of Mystery(9 days)